Monday, March 29, 2010

Spending Time with your Children

Have you ever asked your children what they dream of becoming? Have you ever sat and listened to their dreams? Do they want to become a doctor, an astronaut, a mom? Many times my children will come to me and out of the blue will say, "mom someday I'm going to be a scientist." Usually I nod my head and mutter an approval. However one day I decided to sit down and really listen to what my kids had to say about what they wanted to do when they got older. After all many a great man had the dream to do something wonderful when they were little and encouraged to follow that dream.
Take an hour today and listen to your children's dreams. If they don't have a dream, imagine one with them. Tell them what you dreamed of being when you were little. What stopped you. How did your dreams change. Support, encourage and take an hour to dream with your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment