Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Valentine's Day Poem

It's is that time of the year again.  Christmas is over and it is a new year and so now it is time for love to be in the air.  Every year I want to do something special for my husband.  Of course there are always the old stand buys.  You know, the top five Valentines gift Ideas.  The first has to be candy.  Chocolate to be exact.  What man does not love that?  The cute little heart shaped boxes fill with enough sugar to please anyone's sweet tooth.  Second on my list would be Valentines underwear.  You see them in the store and you have to wonder how many men are walking around with little hearts all over their bottoms.  Third place has to go to a romantic movie date and if you can afford it the biggest bag of popcorn.  The romantic movie is really for you, but by adding the popcorn it makes it seem like it is all about him.  The fourth best Valentines gift would have to some kind of sports tickets.  And last but not least coming in at fifth would be a beautiful candle light dinner.  What man would not love that?  Well, don't forget to drop the kiddos off at grandmas or the romantic evening might not be the best idea.

Now all those ideas are great.  I mean after all they are my top five favorites.  But I use one of them every year, so this year I want to do something different.  You see, we are a little tight this year and so I am thinking it is time for something creative.  I have to admit that I am not all that poetic, but maybe writing a poem to express how I feel would be inexpensive and something we could share over the years to come.

So here is my first poetry try.  Maybe you can do a better job, but what is important is that it is something from the heart.  I mean after all isn't that what it is all about.  Happy Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day reminds me
Of the feelings I have
Every time I think of you,
The warms feeling I have
At the sound of your voice
Valentine's Day reminds me
Of the love and comfort I get
From knowing
You are in my life.
Everything wonderful about Valentine's Day
Reminds me of you.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment