Friday, May 29, 2009

Recipe for Kool-Aid Play Dough

Yum...this playdough recipe smells so good. The kids really love it! Try different versions of it and have a "smell-a-thon". We like to make this for play dates with friends or to take over to Grandma's house.

1 cup flour


1/4 cup salt


2 tablespoons cream of tartar

1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid

1 cup water

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid together in a sauce pan. Then add water and oil. Stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove. Knead until smooth. Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate.

4 comments:

  1. All the ingredients look edible. Can the kids eat it and if so does it taste good like Kool-Aide? My kids would love to eat their playdough creations, unfortunately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be edible, but I wouldn't eat it...It will taste awful..I'll post an edible version of peanut butter dough I used to make with my kids when I taught school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it taste like kool-aid?? Taste it and let me know =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it tastes like koolaid---but the sour kind with no sugar.

    ReplyDelete