Friday, November 13, 2009

Finger Paints for Toddlers

One of my favorite things to do when my children were little and still in high chairs was to let them finger paint. This isn't your normal finger painting works of art however, mine were edible. Therefore, it was very safe.

Preparing a box of sugar free pudding and letting it set up for 5 minutes was the perfect medium for my little artists. I would put about 1/2 cup on the tray of their high chair and let them smear it all around. Not only did we have fun, but I felt good knowing that anything that got in their mouth was completely safe. Playing with pudding finger paints is not mess free, but it is very easy to clean up. Not to mention it also kept them very entertained while I cleaned up after dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Clever! I am constantly worried about my 2 1/2 year old son, but this really is a good idea, finger paint that isn't full of toxins and chemicals. All of us with kids know how many things come in and out of their mouths! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete