Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slider or Zipper? What food storage bag is better?

It's no secret people have their favorites. Depending on what you use your food storage bag for, I bet you have your favorite brand too. While I have used many different brands the only difference I have found was how well the seal worked. I have used my food storage bags to seal up cheese, store spaghetti sauce or hold messy berries.
I love food storage bags for other things too. In our craft drawer I have little googly eyes, ribbons, stickers and patches stored in them. I even have used them to store my sewing notions in instead of letting them float around my sewing basket. While it doesn't really matter what brand or style I choose for things like this, I have found that the zipper bags work much better then the slider version. In many name brand and store brands I have broke many sliders before I even got anything in the bag.
Another non-food way of using the storage bags is for traveling. I love knowing that if my perfume spills, it won't get all over my toothbrush. On the same hand, if my toothbrush is not dry, it won't make all the make up containers wet. Just recently we packed some liquid benadryl for the kids along with a few other medicines. The lid was not tight enough and leaked all over the other contents. Thankfully it was in a separate bag and didn't get all over the clothing. I love my zipper bags. What have you used yours for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment